Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Digital Natives.....What digital natives?????

After observing my children interacting online and with the Tablets that I am currently using in my classroom I am wondering when I am going to see the Digital Native come out in them.  I am more of a digital native than them at the moment.  They are not naturally drawn to technology, they are quite content on using books and don't seem too concerned with wanting to use their tablets.  My question is .... Are digital natives only digital natives if they are playing computer games or talking on a mobile phone for the purpose of saying in touch with friends and entertainment because at the moment I am not convinced that the younger generation are techno savie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

or are they digital immigrants because the media and big ICT companies want us to believe they are so we spend more money on technology to satiate their interest ... that is not there...ooohhh Pete, stop being so cynical!