Monday, 9 February 2009

Life without the mobile

After an excellent weekend away I wondered to myself driving back from Auckland. What would we do without a mobile phone? Throughout the entire weekend I was constantly organising to meet people using my mobile. I wonder whether I would still have those friends if mobiles didn't exist or in fact, I would have never met them in the first place. On Saturday night as I was eating dinner at a very nice restaurant I cast my eye at the table to see 6 mobile phones sitting at the dinner table. Bareing in mind that there were only 4 people sitting at the table I can help wondering whether having a mobile phone is all its cracked up to be. Being contactable any time, any where. I don't think I could live without one, but has society become mobile dependent and would I get mobile phone withdrawals if something happened to mine?

No comments: