Monday, 3 November 2008

Google Docs

I have decided to experiment with setting up all of my children in my class on Google docs so they can publish their narrative stories and invite other students and myself to edit them and make suggestions. It is very interesting because I have had an email from a parent showing concern over their child having a gmail account as everything can be done via their joint email and they see no reason why their child would need one.

I am worried about this, I believe that cloud computing will be the way of the future and if parents are stopping their children from even experiencing these things then these children are going to be disadvantaged in the future. The Internet can be a scary place but with educated kids this can be limited. Its not about educating the children, its also about educating parents that still want education to be the chalk and talk of 20-30 years ago.

No comments: