Thursday, 30 October 2008

I'VE PASSED!!!! and Change

I have officially passed my Postgraduate Certificate in eEducation. Sounds flash don't you think :) Now the challenge is to decide what papers to do next year. The last comment from my lecturer made some interesting points about change

The lecturer was from the University of Waikato. Some good advice for any institution going through periods of change:

'I think the thing that stands out here is the need for all involved in the change to understand the purpose and rationale for the change. This may be at a practical or at a theoretical level – with theory probably being the ‘harder sell’ to teachers! In my experience where change fails it is the result of poor articulation of purpose and a failure to establish a clear rationale based on improvement. As you point out- policy does not do this – effective leadership does, and it is the inclusive approach and trustworthy attributes of an effective educational leader that is the making or breaking of any such initiative.'

Thanks heaps Garry, given me lots to think about.

No comments: